Not all companies are made equal, and at Next Gear Solutions this adage could not be more true. The team at Next Gear Solutions has reimagined restoration job management for contractors in a modern world. Restoration contractors work in extreme conditions to service their customers, and we believe it’s our responsibility to help any way we can, so our tools that are as mobile as the phones they carry. We offer more than just software: we start with feature-rich products and back those up with five-star service and support.
The Finance department is seeking a reliable Billing Clerk to join our stellar finance team in our Oxford, MS, office.
The Billing Clerk is responsible for various financial duties including routine billing, payment processing, collections, and expense report management.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Legal and Finance and has no direct reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes customer invoices and payments for all NGS clients, including updating account information, reviewing recurring payments, scheduling charges, and answering customer questions
- Processes new software sales and new training contracts and payments
- Maintains a good relationship with clients by being highly responsive to their requests, reflecting the Next Gear culture at all times
- Follows the collections timeline process to retrieve updated payment information, place client contracts on hold, and/or pass information to client services for deactivation of canceling client
- Recognizes and escalates problem accounts to management as needed and assists in problem resolution
- Receives employee expense reports, ensures correct expense processes are followed, and reimburses employee or follows procedure to correct mistakes and escalate to management
- Assists with general office, clerical, and administrative duties as required including backing up other financial staff
- Adheres to company and departmental policies and procedures including confidentiality rules and regulations
- High school diploma and 2+ years in an office financial position OR Bachelor’s degree in related field– we will train a candidate with the right attitude but some financial experience is needed
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Customer-service focused attitude
- Ability to handle high volume of work, including ability to multi-task and prioritize work efficiently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player, ready to take on challenges with an ownership mentality
- Analytical, problem-solving nature
- Ability to distinguish confidential information and maintain privacy of individuals and their data
- Reliable and steady, shows up ready to work and take on challenges
Benefits include a competitive salary and bonus program, paid health, dental, and vision insurance, generous vacation/sick policy, gym membership, 401k with match, and a fun, comfortable work environment.
The position is full time and located in our Oxford, MS office.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. No recruiters, please.
TO BE CONSIDERED: please send both a cover letter and a resume.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Please submit your application here. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted.
We look forward to receiving your application!
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.