Next Gear Solutions is a software and consulting company looking to expand its development department with the right candidates. We’re looking for those who are creative and critical thinkers as well as those who know how to manage deadlines and changing priorities and can operate under pressure effectively. Benefits include a competitive salary and bonus program, paid insurance options, generous vacation/sick policies, gym memberships, general autonomy over your work, and a laid-back & fun work environment.
The position is full time and located in our midtown Atlanta office.
Researches, designs, and develops software features for hosted systems on IIS using C#, ASP .Net and SQL Server technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs, writes, and implements software features while adhering to development processes and product requirements, using appropriate analysis and methods to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Consults with other members of the organization to review and evaluate requirements.
- Determine accurate estimates of work effort to aid in project planning.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures and programming.
- Works closely with QA and Customer Support Teams to ensure a high standard of quality and customer focus at all times
- Leads and mentors junior engineers
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate is a proven engineer with strong SQL, .Net, and T-SQL stored procedure skills and knowledge. He/she is experienced in designing, sizing, and developing in C# or ASP, both new features and adjustments to existing features, while consistently hitting deadlines successfully. The candidate has a desire to grow their own skills while at the same time mentoring junior staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or four or more years relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid understanding of the .Net platform, IIS, and SQL Server 2014.
- Ability to develop queries and stored procedures with T-SQL.
- Data modeling, performance modeling, and general database skills. DBA experience a plus.
- Exposure to financial systems or processes like Quickbooks or Sage products a plus.
Compensation:Competitive salary dependent on qualifications. Benefits include paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k plan with match, dynamic and fun workplace, free gym membership, and a generous flexible PTO policy.
Position is full-time and located in our midtown Atlanta office.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. No recruiters, please.
TO BE CONSIDERED: please send both a cover letter and a resume.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Please submit your application here. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted.
We look forward to receiving your application!
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.