Not all companies are made equal, and at Next Gear Solutions this adage could not be more true. The team at Next Gear Solutions has reimagined restoration job management for contractors in a modern world. Restoration contractors work in extreme conditions to service their customers, and we believe it’s our responsibility to help any way we can, so our tools that are as mobile as the phones they carry. We offer more than just software: we start with feature-rich products and back those up with five-star service and support.
The Finance department is seeking a steady, reliable Staff Accountant to join our stellar finance team in our Oxford, MS, office.
The Staff Accountant oversees all financial matters relating to accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections, reconciliation of accounts, expense reporting and reimbursements, purchase requests, and other general accounting tasks.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Legal and Finance and has no direct reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives escalated employee expense reports, ensures correct expense processes are followed, and reimburses employee or follows procedure to correct mistakes with employee or escalate to management
- Receives employee purchase requests, ensures correct processes are followed, approves or denies the request with proactive communication, and works with employee, IT Operations, departmental leader, or others necessary to fulfill the purchase request
- Generates financial reports including customer retention reports and vendor use reports
- Miscellaneous banking tasks such as ACHs, wires, FX purchasing, etc.
- Acts as billing admin on all vendor accounts including processing due invoices and updating payment information
- Assists in processing customer invoices and payments for all NGS clients, including updating account information, reviewing recurring payments, scheduling charges, and answering customer questions
- Assists in processing new software sales and new training contracts and payments
- Follows the collections timeline process to retrieve updated payment information, place client contracts on hold, and/or pass information to client services for deactivation of canceling client
- Reconciles all debits, filing in accounting system correctly
- Maintains a good relationship with clients by being highly responsive to their requests, reflecting the Next Gear culture at all times
- Assists People Operations department as needed with payroll
- Minimum of 4 years finance/accounting or related experience including significant AR/AP experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, Master’s degree a plus
- Knowledge of Quickbooks required; Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel required
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be self-directed and prioritize workload independently
- Ability to distinguish confidential information and maintain privacy of individuals and their data
- Understanding of international conversion rates a big plus, as is experience working with geographically dispersed clients
- Strong general computer skills and general technical aptitude a plus
Benefits include a competitive salary and bonus program, paid health, dental, and vision insurance, generous vacation/sick policy, gym membership, 401k with match, and a fun, comfortable work environment.
The position is full time and located in our Oxford, MS office.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. No recruiters, please.
TO BE CONSIDERED: please send both a cover letter and a resume.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Please submit your application here. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted.
We look forward to receiving your application!
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.